amazon yen press

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Amazon is apparently no longer targeting graphic novels from Hachette distribution client Marvel as part of its war over terms with Hachette, but has escalated its attack on Hachette imprint Yen Press.

Yen Press, on the other hand, is now the victim of even more aggressive Amazon tactics to suppress its sales.  Two upcoming Yen manga launches, Gou-Dere Sora Nagihara and Love at Fourteen (see "Yen Press Announces New Manga"), are listed as "currently unavailable" on Amazon, but are being offered on other sites such as Barnes & Nobles.  Amazons backlist availability remains delayed on many Yen volumes.

Yen Press, on the other hand, is now the victim of even more aggressive Amazon tactics to suppress its sales.  Two upcoming Yen manga launches, Gou-Dere Sora Nagihara and Love at Fourteen are listed as "currently unavailable" on Amazon, but are being offered on other sites such as Barnes & Nobles.

Source: Marvel, Yen Caught in Amazon-Hachette Crossfire

For at least a decade, Amazon has not been shy about throwing its weight around with publishers, demanding bigger discounts and more time to pay its bills. When a publisher balked, it would withdraw the houses titles from its recommendation algorithms.

Additional Information: Hachette Says Amazon Is Delaying Delivery of Some Books and Writers Feel an Amazon-Hachette Spat

tl;dr big online retailer and a big publisher of books aren't getting along. Marvel is still pretty big, but Yen Press is significantly smaller and less known. I haven't read anything from them in ages. Was starting to thing they're near dead with how little noise they make.

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

I still read a few things from Yen Press. Or is that one thing... Let me check.

Okay, I read WataMote.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, yen press