Failed mangaka kills the successful

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

A 36-year-old man indicted over threats targeting a popular comic series has told police that he came to resent the series' successful author, after he failed to achieve his dream of becoming a manga author himself, investigative sources have revealed.

"I made the threats with resent toward the author Tadatoshi Fujimaki, who entered a famous university (Sophia University), and was successful as a manga artist," the sources quoted Watanabe as saying. Fujimaki is the author of the popular comic series "Kuroko no Basuke" (The Basketball which Kuroko Plays).

Watanabe graduated from a school in Kanagawa Prefecture, but failed in his university entrance exams. He entered an anime-related school but dropped out after about a year. At first when questioned over the threats, he told police investigators that he resented "successful people," but he was later quoted as saying, "I was aiming to become a manga or anime creator, and I self-published a manga, but it didn't go well."

Watanabe was arrested in December last year on suspicion of forcible obstruction of business by placing a container emitting hydrogen sulfide at Sophia University's campus in Tokyo's Chiyoda Ward. He was indicted the same month.

Read more at: http://mainichi.jp/e...0na008000c.html

I am at a loss for words in a way. He went far out of his way and put effort into people that likely did not know him.

Attached File  EtNEZAE.jpg   120.17KB   1 downloads

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

I'll be honest. This was hilarious.