• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kurem

Kurem
  • Members
  • Watching Avatar legend of Kora
  • Reading TwoKinds and InuYasha

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am new here so I applogize if I posted in the wrong area.
I am looking for a new anime based website that I can become a part of. The one I was with shut down about 2 years ago for maintance and I have to say I miss it and am trying to move on with a new home away from home lol. This site looks really nice. Is it up and running by chance?

Thank you very much for your time,
~Kurem

#2 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Anime Gerad's forums are a bit slow-ish but we're diffidently up and running since 2006.

Welcome to the forums and what not. I hope the site meets your needs and wants. Suggestions, comments, and questions are always welcome.

Did you fund us from Google?

#3 Kurem

Kurem
  • Members
  • Watching Avatar legend of Kora
  • Reading TwoKinds and InuYasha

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yes I googled Anime Communities. Thank you so much for the reply and for the Welcome. I am still learning my way around but this is a really awesome site.

#4 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Talking to myself can get so boring. Whatever happened to the three other people that frequented this place?

#5 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Raven is apparently busy with stuff at the moment.
Tenkyuu Kage is likely on Facebook.
reddeath26 I see logs in once in a rare while, but only lurks.
Animemeg didn't like Train and left the Internet altogether.

I think most members who posted moved on to other things. We rank #1 on Google for anime community, but anime forums or anime forum are the search terms people mostly use for finding anime forums. The blog brings in quite a bit of traffic but it seems it also be making the forum more of an add-on than what I originally hoped for.

There are a couple possible solutions:

1. Mix the blog and forum together a bit closer with links and mentions in blog posts. It may require a bridge between blog and the forum's accounts, but Wordpress handles foreign characters very badly.

2. Separate the blog from the forum under a new domain and name. It would cause a loss of page rank, traffic, and links for the new site.

#6 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I completely forgot that this place started off as a forum. I think you should find a particular niche, and turn this into an theme forum focused solely on that one topic. Perhaps... cameras?

To be completely honest, it would probably not help the current state of things to merge the blog and forum.

#7 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Problem with finding a niche is that it has to be a niche people are looking for. Another issue would be the interest of the owner (me). My interest is too broad. Focusing on a particular series, magazine, or similar rely on there being new releases of content.

By merge I didn't really mean make one, but meant more linking and mentions between the two.