Monster

monster

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StealthyWings

StealthyWings
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

Hello, I recently started to watch Monster. I watched at the episode 26 out of 74 now and it's quite interesting to watch :)
Does anyone like Monster? I might want to talk about it as I watch this anime.

#2 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Welcome to AG.

I haven't seen, but I know there's a manga. Are the two very close in story or one better than the other?

Urasawa Naoki's Pluto is an amazing adaptation of a two episode arc The Greatest Robot In The World of Astro Boy.

#3 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Monster anime and manga are pretty identical. The only complaint I have about the anime is that like with most long-running anime, the animation tends to get lazy. Countless scenes of moving mouths, but stationary faces. Lazy.

Monster is a great series.

#4 StealthyWings

StealthyWings
  • Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Thank you for replying me, and nice to meet you here. :)

I already watched 55 episodes! As being a Japanese, it's a little difficult to understand the background of spy activities back in the '60s in Czechoslovakia and Germany, but it's certainly interesting. I wonder how the ending is like, what Johan and Anna happen, Tenma is eventually considered as a fugitive, etc. I haven't read the manga so I enjoy each episode without preconception.

One of the arcane things to me is, so far, what had been recorded the rest of the tape, where Johan was interrogated using drug at Kinderheim 511 when he was a child, before he taped over? Is that never revealed?

I will watch more episodes today.

#5 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Monster is a terrific series. It is character and plot driven, with intensity rising around every corner. It's one of the few series that keeps me on the edge of my seat the entire time and even in the end, you're asking yourself questions and a little confused.

It's a thinking man's series, to be sure. The plot, characterization, setting, all works great together. As far as I know, the anime follows the manga's storyline, so they are about the same. I've watched all of it.

#6 StealthyWings

StealthyWings
  • Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

I've finished watching all of the episodes! It's a great story with a thought-provoking storyline. Some of the scenes are arching and poignant that makes me feel deeply attached to, like Grimmer's death.

I can't even think how I can accept the last scene. Where has Johan gone? Although at the last scene of the last episode is open to interpretation, I don't think it is the sign of another tragedy. I wonder if he's gone to see his mother to find out the truth. I want to believe the word that Tenma said, "everyone is born being wanted."

I haven't read the Monster manga, but it seems the anime is almost the same and gives the same impression. And the opening song is good and the ending song is thrilling, but it suits with the story. Overall, it is epic and it became one of my favourite anime.