vlc mpc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Bellow is the list of the media player improvements that were listed under "for anime fans." Despite many anime viewers who use VLC to watch their fansubbed anime, it's quite known that VLC blows badly for anime. Its biggest competitor is Media Player Classic.
  • Vastly improved MKV demuxer.
  • Rewritten linked segments and ordered chapter files support.
  • Correct support for FLAC, RV and Hi10p in MKV.
  • Rewritten seeking support in cue files.
  • Various ASS subtitles improvements.
http://www.videolan....ases/2.0.0.html

I have VLC over MPC, so I understand the oddness and quality issues that comes with it. There's also certain fansub groups who will try to ruin your experience for using VLC if they use softsubs. The subs will show where they're not suppose to be with a notice either insulting you or the media player.

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Actually, VLC sucks for just about anything. I really don't know why people use it at all.

mplayer is the best player on the market, followed closely by Media Player Classic Home Cinema. or mpc-hc for short. Third place is ZoomPlayer. VLC isn't even in the top ten.

With 10-bit h.264 being the new "in" thing, VLC was really falling behind where directshow players just required software updates. So I'm not surprised they released a 2.0, because they were in serious need of one. Still not any good though.

I personally use mpc-hc because that's what comes with the Combined Community Codec Pack. But I'm thinking of going back to the old days of downloading everything individually, and having around fifteen players and not knowing what goes where, and what version video renderer or flux capacitor is in need of an update.

Fuck, these new standards suck. Whatever happened to "one size fits all"?

#3 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

I do watch my anime in VLC, it works. I will say, however, on my laptop it was garbage....maybe an incompatibility with the onboard gpu? I'm not sure, but it works differently based on your setup, that much I know for SURE.