bleach

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Bleach manga is entering its final story arc. Kubo has been drawing the manga in the magazine since 2001, and Shueisha published the 53rd compiled book volume of the manga in December.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc

About time. It'll likely have a bunch of movies afterward whenever the anime ends. Now someone just needs to end Naruto and One Piece and all will be right with the world.

How do you watch so many episodes of anything like that. Notice I used a period and not a question mark for that?

New to anime and manga? That's great! But seriously move on to other things. Maybe I'm too use to anime being 13-26 episodes while Western media goes on for as long as it can.

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

One Piece will end once Luffy sails around the world. At the current pace, I'd say in 2024.

Bleach ended for me when they rescued Rukia from Soul Society.

#3 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Lol, Rukia didn't need to be rescued. Kubo needed it, dammit!

Bleach has been SHITTY for the longest and even the kiddies know this much. I....I gave up on it, the first shounen series ever that I dropped because I just couldn't take the plot holes and nonsensical events anymore.

One Piece is gold, it should end when there is nothing more to tell. While I don't currently watch One Piece, I'll be the first to say I will be buying all of it because the story is solid and the characters are very emotional. Naruto needs to end, but it was good in the beginning.

#4 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yep, see. Here we go.

Warner Bros. has acquired live-action feature rights to Tite Kubo's manga and anime property "Bleach," which will be adapted by "Wrath of the Titans" scribe Dan Mazeau.
Peter Segal ("Get Smart") will produce with an eye toward possibly directing.

"I've always been a huge fan of 'Bleach' and have great respect for its creator Kubo and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga," said Segal, whose "Get Smart" grossed more than $230 million worldwide for Warners in 2008.

http://www.variety.c...le/VR1118050608

I know I'm not an active live action watcher, but I've never even heard of Get Smart or Wrath of the Titans. One is an action comedy based on a much older television show of counter-espionage and the other of gods, titans, and a half human to fight for the humans.

#5 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Get Smart wasn't bad. But it wasn't good. I'm surprised it grossed so high.

I don't know anything about Wrath of the Titans except that I was a huge fan of the original Clash of the Titans, and foresee great sadness and failure with that movie. I mean, for the movie studio. Then again, people who hadn't seen the original Clash of the Titans seemed to like the remake. Fuck them.

Man, live-action movie... seriously? Hopefully it has good music.