• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

New Eureka Seven TV anime and montly manga in Shounen Ace is titled Eureka Seven Ao and will be a sequal to the original. Main character Ao "sets destiny in motion" again when he holds the power. Air date is April 2012 and its production is by Bones.

May likely not have to watch or read since the characters are different and may not have anything that is required from the first to see.

Its website is up at http://eurekaao-prj.net/ and the official twitter @EUREKA_AO is too.

Attached File  60535l.jpg   118.54KB   0 downloads

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Isn't that Renton with Eureka's hair?

#3 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

He has Eureka's clothing, eye, and skin color too. There is speculation of Ao being the son of Eureka and Renton and this time the story will be less about romance, but in my view he looks far too much like Eureka than Renton.

I'm considering watching the original. I actually never watched, therefor I have no idea if the alternative longer title Eureka Seven Astral Ocean gives any clues if the story will follow very closely to the first. Perhaps I'll watch Ao first so I may prefer it over the original as if it were reverse. Bandai released to sets for the two seasons instead of one and they have the hideous "anime ledgends" designs on the covers.

#4 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

I'm surprised to say that I can't recall the ending to Eureka Seven. I only remember them having to stop a satellite from destroying the coral or something to that effect. Then I read the same concept appearing in the final volume of Eden; and I started to wonder if a collective conscience is a typical plot ending...

I have no idea what's going on... something about evolution...

So rather than Ao, I'm more curious as to whatever happened to Anemone and her little boy toy...

Too many sequels.

#5 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young.

A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. In his fervent desire to protect the island, Ao launches a certain military FP called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport.

And a new character designer.

Source: http://www.animenews...-story-outlined

Attached Files

#6 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

Nirvash only responds to dorky skaters, and blue-haired loli girls. I wonder what triggered its awakening?

I seriously hope Anemone has a cameo in this series. Much better character. The end.

#7 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

So chapter one of the Eureka Seven AO manga is out.

Spoiler

Attached File  Eureka Seven AO manga.jpeg   1.53MB   4 downloads

#8 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

So did Talho's ovaries ever start producing eggs again? Or did she just disappear along with the manga storyline for Eureka Seven?

#9 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYpivWPcPU

First PV is out. Amazing animation but the awful never ending vocals of the guy on top of a bland tune is quite annoying. Hopefully it's just stock music, but Nakamura Koji is listed as staff for its music with Hemenway for the opening and Stereopony for the ending themes.

#10 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Oh, goodie. I love Stereopony.

#11 Raven

Raven
  • Veteran
  • 834 posts
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Wow, I'm kind of hyped about this. I need to re-watch the original, as I haven't seen every single episode. This new series...looks interesting. Though I have to admit the kid does resemble Eureka A LOT.

#12 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Is this the year of sequels? It happens every two years.

#13 Raven

Raven
  • Veteran
  • 834 posts
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Lol, well, it's an easy way to market a product.

I haven't yet dug into it, but I plan to.

#14 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Eureka Seven is surprisingly awesome. I think I like it more than Last Exile.

#15 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

This show is starting to slow down. They've introduced many random plot devices that have yet to be clearly explained. I think I'm lost.

#16 EhNani

EhNani
  • Blogger
  • 1,051 posts
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

What a horrible piece of crap this series turned out to be.

I thought I would be ready for Bones' horrible cop-out ending; but I wasn't ready at all for the sheer level of retard.

Eureka Seven AO negates everything anyone ever did in the first series. Wow, that was such bullshit.

Seriously, what is this crap?

#17 Raven

Raven
  • Veteran
  • 834 posts
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Lol, damn, may the force be with you son!

I never got into AO....

What the hell happened in it? I don't mind spoilers, because I've heard it's not all that.

#18 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I didn't watch it to know what happened. It became really popular and that must mean it isn't so great.

#19 Raven

Raven
  • Veteran
  • 834 posts
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, I kept hearing bad things about it though. lol

There are good, popular series too! Think One Piece!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bandai, eureka seven ao, eureka seven astral ocean, scans, trailer, pv, preview