viz march story

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Viz licensed the manga March Story, but I don't think the ones scanalating it Etc... know about the news yet.

Posted Image

You have demons called Ils that taint art and jewelry like objects and humans with desires discover them. It's safe to say people are generally curious beings plagues with desire, so the demons enter them from their eye and manipulate them into giving them control of their bodies. Basically a fight or a lack of a fight between two minds. After the body is taken over, there's no way of ever recovering the human after it makes it's first kill. You can tell if such a demon has made a kill by looking for blood on the horns that grown from the human puppet's head.

The main character is a kid named March who has a Syste Behard job involving saving these people or at least killing both. His motives aren't revealed yet or at least not in chapter one. Later on in the story there will likely be others like him and other demons who've been around to know what's up for bigger battles.

Thoughts bellow in spoilers...
Spoiler

March Story is due in stores October 19, 2010. Should note that this is drawn and written by two Koreans Kyuing-il Yang and Hyung-min Kim, but the manga is from Japan and that supposedly makes it manga.

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

Sounds like a crappy Japanese shoujo action series, but it's written and drawn by Koreans. It's up in the air where it goes, but I'm going to withold my 10 dollars for the eventual disappointment.

Who am I kidding? Koreans blow.

#3 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

It's a bit like Letter Bee and shonen where you have a story or reason behind whatever the incident is with the often temporary characters.
Spoiler

The manga comes wrapped in plastic because of the dead nudity. Doesn't feel like your average manhwa.

Hopefully volume two will go into the stories behind March's friends.

#4 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

There is no such thing as "average" manhwa, because manhwa is unoriginal and shitty.

Fuck Koreans and their comics.

#5 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

Sounds a tad shitty tbh, gonna roll with Nani here. Though, I might watch it if I'm bored enough.

#6 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

I got as far as volume three of March Story and I believe I might be dropping it. Story didn't feel feel like it was moving or had any interesting hooks to keep me going. Many of the mini stories that were suppose to be sad or interesting felt like they were trying to look sad too far instead of actually being interesting or sad.

#7 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Koreans are really good at making melodramatic movies and drama, but manhwa artists don't make enough money for anyone to put some of that resourcefulness into a comic product. Plus, you don't get a social status upgrade for doing it as you might get from, say, starcraft.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viz, march story