And CMX goes too...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

DC Comics has decided to put an end to CMX, DC's line of licensed manga.

Over the course of the last six years, CMX has brought a diverse list of titles to America and we value the books and creators that we helped introduce to a new audience. Given the challenges that manga is facing in the American marketplace, we have decided that CMX will cease publishing new titles as of July 1, 2010.

The shuttering of the CMX line does not affect the best-selling series Megatokyo which will continue publication, now as a DC Comics title with story and art by Megatokyo’s award-winning creator Fred Gallagher.

We’d like to take a moment to acknowledge the efforts and dedication of the CMX staff and to thank our fans who have supported CMX.

- DC Comics Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan Didio

Source: http://www.mangablog.net/?p=8060

CMX manga is indeed very hard to find in bookstores and sometimes online. March on Earth and Chikyu Misaki were the only ones I followed, but they also had the well loved (in Japan) Crayon Shinchan. There's not going to be anymore manga publishers left to license anything at this rate.

The official site is still up for browsing.
http://dccomics.com/cmx/

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:01 AM

Goddamit. Why did CMX have to go the way of the Indians?

Especially considering all the money I've funneled into those bastards:

Chikyuu Misaki 1-3
Emma 1-9
Gon Again! 1
Land of the Blindfolded 1
Steel Fist Riku 1-2

Assuming I paid each for around ten dollars... That's $160.00.

CMX's only problem is their diversified line-up. There wasn't anything I was willing to pay money for aside from a few select titles. And of course, poor decision making leads to poor sales. I appreciate their "effort" to bring manga to the American audience, but seriously though... what the fuck were they thinking with some of those manga? Better yet, what the fuck was up with Tenjo Tenge?

Well, goodbye CMX. Just when they were starting to bring over more shounen series.