Twitter sucks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

Their search sends me to the latest and worst tweet spam. Really most of the stuff on Twitter is spam, automatically generated, or niche even if it's interesting. For a while the more I tweeted, the more followers I got, but that's not the case as Twitter grew. Now it's more like I lose followers the more I tweet. Maybe it's because the Twitter account I use is a mix between personal where I put neat links and official for links for this site. Either way it's lost a lot of its interaction.

#2 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

I've never been very fond of Twitter, my favorite personal marketing tool (aside from forums/blogs) is Facebook. Twitter just seems too spammy for my tastes and facebook is very personal, yet professional (unlike myspace).

I like to know I'm dealing with real people with the same interests and on twitter...that's pretty damn hard to verify because of the nature of the site. You can't have indepth conversations and any spam bot can post a "140" character length message and make it look somewhat legit.

I'm sure a lot of noise causes your message to be lost in translation on twitter. The site is huge and with the lack of personalization, it's a bit chaotic in my opinion.

But hey, if it works for you, use it. I know how you use it is more important than anything else, but the nature of Twitter just doesn't appeal that much to me (at least not yet).