• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

[b]What is the Anicyclopedia?[/b]
Single page of anime and manga related words with their meanings. Not so much what characters say in the anime and manga themselves, but the fancy terms people use for discussion of anime and manga. The original can be viewed here.

[b]How can I help?[/b]
Reply here for a definition that needs fixing or updating and make thread for words that should be added. No silly format required, just the word and what you think it should be explained as. Other members can then give their insight as well.

This Anicyclopedia will give better crediting to the members who've helped create the new version.

#2 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:27 AM

Well, one issue I'd like to question up front would be the romanization method you'll be implementing. Let's say for example... long vowels, such as 'ou' and 'oo'; would we be typing out each individual syllable, or would we choose to follow in the conventions of Viz and just implement the most widely recognized spelling convention such as shonen and shojo? Or will we do it the right way and use the 'ô' character? Most dictionaries seem to prefer this way of spelling for long-vowels.

Then would we be typing terms in the convention of how they are read/spoken, or will we be using 'n' strictly and ignore that in many cases it sounds more like a 'm'? Konbanha.

I don't actually care.