Curry

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

I can't think of anything that could beat a big plate or bowl of really spicy hot curry. Has anyone tried any of the Thai varieties? There's green and red.

#2 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members
  • Watching Speed Grapher...episode 7
  • Reading too busy to read, working on car...

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

nothing like hot curry on a cold day and rice...gah!

I tried an Indiand and Thai/Viet version... Indian is thick and creamy, Viet/Thai is sweet. I prefer Chinese or Japanese Thick spicy curry... damn you Jura.

#3 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

I've only ever had Japanese curr-- Oh wait, I did have Indian curry once before. It wasn't very good, but the cart I went to didn't have a good reputation either, so I really want to try it again. But hopefully from a restaurant with a good reviews.

#4 Quenlin

Quenlin
  • Members
  • Watching Ef - A Tale of Melodies
  • Reading Chobits

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:31 AM

Indian curry sells well in Scotland, but I'm not really a fan of spicy food, so I didn't really like Indian in general. I ate the Hell out of the chicken fried rice from the Chinese though.

#5 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

I found Japanese styled curry that can be microwaved. Not sure if it's worth trying since it has veggie chunks and it might not taste well from a can.

#6 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I've had curry, of the Jamaican variety. I like curry chicken and beef. :)

Fun Fact: The first time I learned there was an Asian type of curry spice was when I was watching Azumanga Daioh. =P