Alive: The Final Evolution

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

Okay I skipped the first volume of Alive: The Final Evolution. The adventure between Taisuke and Yuta are what drives the story. There's a virus or something that is believed to be a virus that hit many people around the world and suicide is what the victims suffer from. The survivors of the virus have changed and grown powers. They each have something special and can sense others like them. A rouge group with such power wishes to create a revolution. The two main characters have to find their friends while dealing with their past.

It's neat because there's hints about what's to come with mystery. There's a reporter for a not so serious magazine, but she only seems to exist in the story to lighten things up so far. Kinda unwanted. Some powers are neat while others have been seen many times before in other stories. Six volumes are out in English by Del Ray and seventeen in Japan by Kodansha. GONZO was suppose to have an anime based on it with a changed up plot and characters, but with their financial problems it may not happen and scanlation groups have taken a huge interest in this manga.

#2 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Watching Vampire Knight
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hmm, it sounds good to me, i'd like to read it from what it sounds like it seems interesting. Thing is, wound you recomend it?

#3 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

I would recommend it. Finding out what really happened to the infected and what the outcome will be after all the dying will drive you to read more. Nothing too bad, but there is blood.

#4 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Watching Vampire Knight
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

I would recommend it. Finding out what really happened to the infected and what the outcome will be after all the dying will drive you to read more. Nothing too bad, but there is blood.

<.< Blood you say? Sign me up! wait, does it have anything to do or is it similar to Dawn Of The dead Or 28 Days/28 Weeks later? Or I Am Legend? Cuz i think i remember hearing about it and it looked really good.....

#5 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

Another emo manga? Count me out.

#6 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

The author of this manga passed away from fighting liver cancer. Alive - The Final Evolution was finished months ago and he was even starting a new series while greatly sick. The manga wasn't the most original, but there were some decent dark moments and the art had a rough look that I like to see.

This doesn't seem like a series that would go for long, but there's a total of 21 volumes and Del Ray only has about 8 of them listed on their rarely updated site. No clue what his new series he was working on was about, but it would be neat if anyone can find out.

Source: http://www.animenews...ima-passes-away

#7 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

"story-driven"... So you mean to say your obsession with cocks doesn't play a part in your opinion of this one?

#8 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

It does. Yuta was my main reason for getting into it. That and at least he has one of the more unique abilities.

#9 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

Oh, geez. I almost thought about reading this one. Thanks for the warning.