Photo

Hello "thar!"

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CaretCake

CaretCake

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hello! I'm some random guy that just randomly strolled to this site from searching around in google. Looks like a nice place, so I decided to visit to see how the place truly is. Don't disappoint me now and I hope I don't disappoint either of you!

I've been into anime since I was a kid; I guess my first exposure to the medium is the Spanish-dubbed versions of Saint Seiya and Magic Knight Rayearth. Ever since then I've been hooked, though. My only exposure to anime, at the time, had been marginal at best, like watching the English-dubbed versions of Sailormoon, Samurai Pizza Cats, and a bunch of others that they forced-fed us. Fortunately, my exposure to the animation-style grew from watching the late Toonami and much later Adult Swim, which sucks right now with their horrible "Stoner" comedy-line.

Once I gained access to the "interwebs," my exposure grew much larger than what it had been before. Which, I'm pretty grateful otherwise I would of missed less known, mainstreamed, titles, such as Planetes, Black Lagoon, Eureka Seven (though it was brought to the U.S. somehow), Lucky Star, and Natsume Yujincho. That's pretty much how I got into anime.

Other than that, I'm an aspiring game developer who's barely getting his feet wet into the indie scene. Although, I'm thinking of putting that aspiration on hold and focus on something serious, like getting a gig at application programming or further studying into general IT, like networking. I dunno, the economy at the moment isn't so favoring to a recently software engineering grad'. I guess I could thank to a "couple" of greedy people out there for putting the rest of the world back. I won't get into that since this isn't the place for it. Anyway, thanks for reading this semi-lengthy auto-bio'.

/bow

#2 Ketai

Ketai
  • Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hiyo, CaretCake. I'm new here as well- so far, this place is rather quiet, but it's pretty good overall. It is really unfortunate, the way the economy is going, but hopefully things will lighten up in time- although that in itself is another debate.

But anyway, nice to meet you- and enjoy your stay here.

#3 Fate

Fate
  • Members
  • Watching Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Reading Ga-Rei

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Welcome, CaretCake. Your story is a bit like mine, but I was introduced to Card Captor Sakura as my first anime. My exposure to Japanese culture expanded with the internet and I'm glad because I've seen a lot of good series.

Anyways, make yourself at home here. Looking forward to see what you're about.

#4 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

I knew someone who went into the whole networking field of work. The guy made a lot of money and had a really nice printer that could post huge wallpapers. He then charged people $80 for him to print stuff...

Welcome and hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions, just ask.

#5 CaretCake

CaretCake

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for the welcome! :D

I'll ask any questions when I'll have them. :3

#6 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members
  • Watching Speed Grapher...episode 7
  • Reading too busy to read, working on car...

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

O...

#7 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

That was funny mainly the first time, TK. =(

#8 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Watching Vampire Knight
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:33 AM

Err, i actully feel a bit, akward, lol, i am also new here, i joined two or three days ago so im still kinda 'Blah' about how things work such as the signatures which i have made along with a few photos, and i also have some anime photos to contribute, even rare ones.

#9 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

Rare photos? :o

Welcome to AG and if you have any ideas or problems, do speak up. Thanks for joining.

#10 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

Rare photos? :o

Welcome to AG and if you have any ideas or problems, do speak up. Thanks for joining.

yes, all anime photos are judged by how many times they are found, a few of the photos i have have only been found either once or three times so that makes them Extremly Rare, while if they are found 4-6 times, they are rare, but if they can be found alot, then they are common, and thank you, and your welcome. i was actully wanting to give someone one of my signatures, it's kinda crappy cuz i was in a hurry, but i tried, i even edit Icons, Banners, and normal photos, uhm, if i may add a photo and show an example of my work?

#11 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

The images have to be hosted (either in the gallery here or Photobucket) and you place the url from right clicking between this:

[code][image]http://image-url-here.jpg[/image][/code]

Or bellow when making a reply you can add it as an attachment to the post. Then we can click on a thumbnail to view it. I hope the list I gave wasn't to much in your PM. It was pretty big even for me.

#12 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

The images have to be hosted (either in the gallery here or Photobucket) and you place the url from right clicking between this:

[code][image]http://image-url-here.jpg[/image][/code]

Or bellow when making a reply you can add it as an attachment to the post. Then we can click on a thumbnail to view it. I hope the list I gave wasn't to much in your PM. It was pretty big even for me.

Yeah, it helped a bit, and thank you ^^. One of the things i have for Anime Gerad was this <.<

Attached Files

• Attached File  efw.jpg   118.32KB   3 downloads

#13 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

Little rough, but the text is really fancy. o.o

#14 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

lol, i don't really have anything i wanna do with it ATM, im actully thinking about getting a Signature photo insted, i'd have to make it, so im not sure yet. *yawns a bit* Do the lost of you ever roleplay here?

#15 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

not at all...I was just minding what was written.

#16 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:02 AM

lol, i see, there are many people like that. Hmm....*mutters* i guess im gonna have to work on my banners a bit more or do it the old fashion way <.<'''' *giggle* i wonder what to do next, anyways, hello T.K (<.<, shorter, easier to remember)

#17 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

huh

hello

#18 Luna_Kamiioa

Luna_Kamiioa
  • Members
  • Reading Vampire Knight

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

How ish chu?

Actully i've gotten better at signatures Via old fashioned way lol. i find it much easier when i dont have to use a BG. Anywhos. anyone seen any good cosplays or movies as of late?

Attached Files

#19 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

I am well, not sick nor tired....so yep. And you?