• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shadow22cat

shadow22cat
  • Members
  • Watching Naruto Shippuuden
  • Reading Ghost Only

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi! I'm new to this forum, and so far it looks interesting. My fave anime so far are: Fruits Basket, xxxHolic, Naruto Shippuuden, Bartender, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, Azumanga, and many many more. I've just started to delve into manga. So far I finished Fruits Basket, started Ghost Only, read bits of Demon Diaries, can't remember what else. :lol:

I'm a college student taking a year off who might major in Asian Studies with a minor in Japanese. I love everything about Japan. I know about 8 languages. :wink: I've been playing the clarinet for 14 years. :grin:

#2 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

That's a lot of languages for anyone. You could make a lot of money with translation perhaps. Good luck with your studies and welcome. If you have any suggestions or questions, just ask.

#3 Agamum

Agamum
  • Members
  • Watching Cowboy Bebop
  • Reading Bleach

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

Wow sounds like you have quite a few useful skills. These days bilingual people ate hard to come by. So the demand and pay for them is greater then a normal job at that place.

anyway welcome to the forums :)

a peace of advise though

Beware of Agamum The Strange :P

#4 Fate

Fate
  • Members
  • Watching Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Reading Ga-Rei

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Yo, welcome to Anime Gerad. =]

So you know Japanese? That's amazing. I wish I could translate Japanese myself... do you happen to offer your services?

#5 shadow22cat

shadow22cat
  • Members
  • Watching Naruto Shippuuden
  • Reading Ghost Only

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I'm still learning Japanese myself. I hope to eventually live there and maybe teach English or American culture. If that doesn't work out than being a translator. I still feel like I don't know any Japanese, yet some of my penpals in Japan think I know a lot. :joy: I'm trying to hopefully know so much I can skip some of the intro classes in college when I go back. We'll see.

#6 Ginter

Ginter

Progress through Violence

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hello! Welcome to Anime Gerad! Please feel free to browse through the forums and if you have any questions you can direct them my way.