Global warming novel animated

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

Shangri La is a (light) anime novel about the after effects of global warming and Japan. Tokyo has become a jungle (high humidity and temperature) which leads them trying to lower the temperature. They will try to create the worlds most large urban forest (forest with a high population?). Their (the governement) progress is disrupted by people who are against this. This story could be really neat and Japan already has monkeys. Monkeys love forests and jungles.

I'm still trying to find out more about the story. As in if the main characters are for or against this government movement. The Shangri La anime is going to be animated by GONZO, so is anyone still interested?

Attached File  Shangri_La.jpg   111.27KB   5 downloads

#2 sl33py

sl33py
  • Members
  • Reading Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:03 AM

Global warming anime? Awsome
Gonzo? Gross. D:

Ehhh, I liked the artwork from the picture you provided, though. Hmmm, I'll give this a shot since I did like the girl and all <_<
But I'm worried that Gonzo is probably going to screw it up like 90% of their series. ;_;

#3 Exium

Exium

Chaos Sighting

• Members
  • Watching Spice and Wolf
  • Reading +Anima, Dragon Drive

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:40 AM

I'm willing to give watch a few episodes to give it a chance.

#4 hotspot

hotspot

Posting machine!

• Members
  • Watching Black Bullet

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I saw Shangri-la originally on Crunchyroll back in 2011, I really enjoyed it. The anime is cute and has two transgendered characters, which is good for the LGBT community to get some representation. 

It has lot's of interesting twists and turns, and although the ending was cliche'.. there were so many twists that you wouldn't have figured out the ending  from the beginning anyways.

I really enjoyed Shangri-la and it may even be my most favorite anime. I really like Kuniko, she is an awesome heroine and she has the coolest weapon! A boomerang, which is my favorite weapon.

I actually bought the dub of this a while ago, and I plan to re-watch it soon.