New Google web browser

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

It's free, named Google Chrome, and aims to have all the best features loved in Opera, IE, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer may be the most used web browser, but Google is one of the most used sites. Chrome can be downloaded this Tuesday and will later also work for Linux and Apple OS's. If Google can hire enough really talented coders then this could be scary.

http://www.google.com/chrome

#2 Agamum

Agamum
  • Members
  • Watching Cowboy Bebop
  • Reading Bleach

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Well it was bound to happen eventually sense Google has its paws into every other industry why not web browsers?

#3 Fate

Fate
  • Members
  • Watching Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Reading Ga-Rei

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Tried it... I think I'll just wait for the final release. Good so far but I didn't like all the separate processes it made for each new tab.

#4 Exium

Exium

Chaos Sighting

• Members
  • Watching Spice and Wolf
  • Reading +Anima, Dragon Drive

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:30 AM

I prefer the features and add-ons I have for my FF3.

#5 Wormow

Wormow
  • Members
  • Watching Shugo Chara
  • Reading Absolute Boyfriend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

I saw some of the screen shots on the official website and I didn't like it much. But you know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. Seeing as how it's still a beta, I'm gonna stick with Firefox with all my tasty addons.

#6 Exium

Exium

Chaos Sighting

• Members

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

My teacher mentioned in class a few days back that the new Google web browser would be the future browser our school would use. I'm like, "At least we'll finally be out of the IE stone age."

#7 Wormow

Wormow
  • Members
  • Watching Shugo Chara
  • Reading Absolute Boyfriend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

Really? Your lucky. My school has been stuck with IE since I can remember >..>

#8 Exium

Exium

Chaos Sighting

• Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

Well I'm a senior, so I'll most likely not be there to see the change.

#9 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

I've been using Google Chrome ever since I got my new desktop. I will say Chrome+HD video sucks up memory, but it's fast and not as heavy as Firefox. It also now has tons of plug-ins, it's sleek and sexy too. ;)

Chrome for its great browsing experience is my favorite browser, but I still prefer Firefox for its customization. I also still prefer Opera for its light footprint, yet fully feature bound from the start. Chrome isn't that good for laptops, but it's great if you got a multi-core cpu and a few gigs of ram. In other words, it's built to take advantage of newer hardware.