• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

Is the manga good? Just ordered both volumes yesterday.

#2 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

It's a must read. More like must see, considering the art. You should also get Q Ko-chan.

The FLCL manga very different from the anime.

#3 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the response, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'll probably check out Q Ko-chan as well. I love the animation of flcl in the anime.

#4 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

When you double post, it'll merge the two posts together.

But Q Ko-chan is a gem. At times it seems dark though. Not in a violent way, more like mature, but it's very subtle.

#5 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

I got both volumes! Man, I love it. It's wacky, crazy, and wild, as the anime is but it is a bit different. Now I need to go for the animation. I love Takkun and his reaction to all the silly situations that come up in the story, just grand.I got both volumes! Man, I love it. It's wacky, crazy, and wild, as the anime is but it is a bit different. Now I need to go for the animation. I love Takkun and his reaction to all the silly situations that come up in the story, just grand.

#6 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members
  • Watching Speed Grapher...episode 7
  • Reading too busy to read, working on car...

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

i got tired of the anime......

#7 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

The shorter something is, the faster you get tired of it. Unless it's a movie by Miyazaki.

#8 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

A bit of an old bump, but Dark Horse Comics has acquired the licensed for the FLCL manga that Tokyopop once had long ago. It'll be an omnibus, which is basically a much larger book that will have the two volumes that were originally released. Won't be out till sometime next year in 2012, though.

#9 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

Interesting, as a big Furi Kuri fan, I'll definitely check it out.

#10 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'm a fan of Ueda Hajime's artwork, but never worked up the resolve to read FLCL. Too busy with... well, no excuse. I just don't feel like it.

#11 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

A bit of an old bump to the thread, but the new FLCL omnibus manga is set to come out this month. It sports an awesome new cover, remastered pages, and some colored illustrations. There are online stores out there who are already delivering it but at double the cost while Amazon is selling for just under $11 USD with a release date of May 22, 2012.

Dark Horse is the publisher and not Tokyopop. I've never read manga published by Dark Horse to know about their book and paper quality, but from what I read it is an improvement to the old books.
Attached File  flcl.png   239.36KB   2 downloads

#12 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm a big fan of Ueda Hajime. If it's in color that's a definite buy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flcl, fooly cooly, furi kuri, q ko-chan, dark horse comics, ueda hajime