Fast Food

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

Go often? Even healthy food at fast food places aren't healthy. I remember salads at McDonalds were basically a meat patty on top of a little bit of lettuce. There's this one chain that has baked patato. You can't mess that up unless they put tons of butter and sour cream when they give it to you. I like Del Taco for junk food, though..

#2 Josh

Josh
  • Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

I eat fast food at least 2-3 times a week it seems like, mainly because that is where my family eats, I don't mind it that much, but it gets old after a while.

#3 animemeg

animemeg

Usagi

• Members
  • Watching GunXSword

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

Sadly because of how easy it is I am eating it more and more....I need to stop though

#4 Zulehan

Zulehan

The Sun Titan

• Members
  • Reading One Piece

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

I only go to two fast food joints on a notable basis:

(1) Taco Bell. I get the same thing about once every two weeks: 2 or 3 1/2lb beef and potato burritos, or;
(2) Also about once every two weeks: 1 or 2 XL pizzas from Maxwell St. Pizza Parlor.

It's my habit to cook at home; the European eating lifestyle.

#5 reddeath26

reddeath26
  • Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:41 AM

I eat it maybe once a week. I do not get fast
food that often. When I lived with my family we
had it maybe once a month or so. It is quite unhealthy
to eat it too often. Although that applies to everything.

#6 Shian Kiri

Shian Kiri
  • Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

I don't eat fast food all too often and even fi I do, I get stuff with tons of vegetables and other healthier goodies. In a given month, I may only eat fast food once or twice given time constraints and other things. I can't stand eating fast food at all. But I do need energy and often. I've gotten to the point where I don't drink soda anymore either.

#7 Lostatsea

Lostatsea
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

I don't eat fast food at all. I used to but, I don't think it fulfills any true appetite

#8 Winged Fantasy

Winged Fantasy
  • Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:37 AM

Fast food is yummy :) but sometimes the people who give it to me put me off.

#9 JDO

JDO
  • Members
  • Watching T.T.Gurren Lagann
  • Reading Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Only when nothing else is within reasonable reach. If I'm btwn classes, I'll grab a slice to go. If there's no dinner ready and it's a bit late or I don't feel like cooking a decent meal (not Ramen or microwaveable frozens) I might buy a sandwich or some "chinese" food.

I think it's interesting how many places (diff't cities and even countries) have special fast food joints, and I'm not talking about local diners or privately owned eateries; I'm talking fast food. For instance, here in NYC, I've never come across a Jack in the Box. While in Europe and Canada, I saw their own fast food places whose quality, in individual cases, were on par, far below and even superior to American joints; though that isn't much of a feat when we're talking about McDo.

Speaking of McDo, I can't even eat there anymore.

#10 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus
  • Reading Battle Angel Alita

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

I've been eating some pizza and chinese food but soon I plan to cut it all out. Seriously, I just don't feel it's healthy for me. Got to eat some grilled food too though.

#11 animemeg

animemeg

Usagi

• Members
  • Watching GunXSword

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

Ha, it's started making me sick....When I eat it now I feel liks I am going to throw up...

#12 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:43 AM

Most salads at fast food places are really high in calories. It's just not the fat, but the salt and how most of the stuff at such places are processed foods.

#13 Mini Maul

Mini Maul
  • Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

I have chinease quite a lot when my parents cannot be bothered to cook lol.
But i wouldnt say i would like it everyday.
I do like a veg and fruit some days. :)

#14 MoonPrincess

MoonPrincess
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:56 AM

I used to eat a lot of Fast food but not so much now, I'm trying to be more health and good but it shame that healthy good just taste soo nasty. :(

#15 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

These days either I get Chinese food or Subway (which I don't mind, since subway is really healthy).

Other than that, I eat tons of cereal, fruit, and vegetables (oh, and Top Ramen of course!).

#16 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Store bought ramen is filled with sodium and Subway has a lot of unhealthy food with high calories and even fat. Weird since for so long Subway has tried to portray itself as a healthy alternative, but the desire for competing with fast food won.

#17 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • Watching Macross Plus

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Really? Maybe I brought into their food without proper research. Sandwiches should be healthier than fried food...but I don't put oil and vinegar on my stuff anymore either.

I usually get a cheese steak sub or big hot pastrami. Still, I don't eat out often. I try to eat a lot of cereal, apples, bananas, water, and milk. Lots of veggies too, number one chinese food is sooooooooooo good!

I think as long as you don't put a bunch of crap on your sandwich, it beats just about every other place (maybe except Boston Market, hmmm hmmm).