• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

[b]Subject:[/b] Harem

[b]Meaning:[/b] A genre of anime and manga in where a single boy or male is surrounded by many females. Harem anime tends to have very colorful characters and the whole genre is filled with fan service. The male is useally single and doesn't really want to be around so many females. Or is not yet come of age. Lots of seinen is of this kind of stuff.

The females tend to sometimes be stereotypes. Smart, rich, sporty, house wife, etc.

#2 Tenkyuu kage

Tenkyuu kage

Shadow of the heavens

• Members
  • Watching Speed Grapher...episode 7
  • Reading too busy to read, working on car...

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

In other words like Negima and Love hina.

#3 animemeg

animemeg

Usagi

• Members
  • Watching GunXSword

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

I both love and hate these anime.

As a straight uppity woman they kind of annoy me... A lot of cliche girls, and some strong girls that are ignored to much.

As a straight not so uppity woman- They have a different kind of humor.... More slapstick at times.... And just funny

As a bi girl- Cute girls = GREAT

I think you have to be in a certain mood to be into these anime.... they really aren't for everyone all the time.

#4 einz

einz
  • Members
  • Watching Sword Art Online
  • Reading Hiyokoi

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

i love Harems :) have seen to many though ,cant find any more to watch exept the new ones :) Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de watch that one sooo good :)

#5 EhNani

EhNani
  • Members
  • Watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Reading Nisekoi

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I absolutely hate harems. But I love girls, and love it when a manga has more than one of them.

So where do I stand on this subject? It depends on which head is doing the thinking.

#6 Jura

Jura

100% Cacao

• Administrator

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Happy Lesson where there's a boy living alone until female teachers move in with him. It's also licensed by the long gone ADV, so it could be found cheap online.

The link you provided links to the ABC order of all the anime they have listed in the harem genre.

Not exactly harem, but Minami-ke and Today in Class 5-2 are often like by harem fans.

Welcome to Anime Gerad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harem, genre